Palace of the Dukes of Lorraine (Musée Lorrain)
The Ducal Palace of Nancy or Palais ducal du Nancy is a palace in Nancy, France which was home to the Dukes of Lorraine. The he palace was built in the 15th century for René II, Duke of Lorraine. It houses the Musée Lorrain, one of Nancy's principal museums, dedicated to the art, history and popular traditions of Lorraine until the early 20th century. The museum's collections include artefacts from the Gallo-Roman and Merovingian civilisations of the east of France, religious and funeral sculptures and stained-glass windows from the Medieval period, as well as armaments from the 14th and 15th centuries. The museum also includes a collection of Renaissance art including works by Ligier Richier and sculptures relating to the history of the Palace itself, as well as of major works by Georges de la Tour and Jacques Callot.
For more information and enquiries please contact Musee Lorrain,
64 Grande Rue,
54000 - Nancy, Tel: 03 83 32 18 74, E-mail: email@example.com
Musée Lorrain, the Ducal Palace of Nancy
Photograph taken by Marsya
Musée des Beaux-Arts de Nancy
The Museum of Fine Arts of Nancy is one of the oldest museums in France. It was created in 1793. It is hosted in one of the four large pavilions on the Place Stanislas created in 1755 by Stanislas Leszczyński, duke of Lorraine. Some of the painters whose work is featured in the collections are Perugino, Tintoretto, Jan Brueghel the Younger, Caravaggio, Georges de La Tour, Charles Le Brun, Ribera, Rubens, Claude Gellée (known as Le Lorrain and Claude), Luca Giordano, François Boucher, Eugène Delacroix, Edouard Manet, Claude Monet, Paul Signac, Modigliani, Picasso and Raoul Dufy. The museum is accessible to disabled persons.
For more information and enquiries please contact Musée des Beaux-Arts de Nancy, 3 place Stanislas,
54000 - Nancy, France, Tel: 03 83 85 30 72, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Museum of Fine Arts of Nancy
Photograph taken by Ji-Elle
Musée de l'École de Nancy
The Musée de l'École de Nancy is a museum devoted to the École de Nancy, an Art Nouveau movement founded in 1901 by Émile Gallé, Victor Prouvé, Louis Majorelle, Antonin Daum and Eugène Vallin in the city of Nancy in Lorraine (France). They were joined by other artists, notably Jacques Grüber. The museum is located in the former house of a patron of the École de Nancy, Eugène Corbin. It has a garden, an aquarium pavilion, and the main building contains works by all the major Art Nouveau artists of Nancy, which was one of the major center of the movement in Europe.
For more information and enquiries please contact Musée de l'École de Nancy, 36 - 38 rue du Sergent Blandan,
54000 - Nancy, France, Tel: +33 (0)3 83 40 14 86, E-mail:email@example.com
Musée de l'École de Nancy, former house of École de Nancy, Eugène Corbin
Photograph taken by Ji-Elle